Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Food blogger party at Marysol's


Colourful little mushroom caps by Rachelle Eats Food.

S and I went to a wonderful potluck last weekend hosted by Marysol of She Eats Bears. I was so excited to meet her and the other Ottawa food bloggers who were coming. Foodie Prints was there, and also Rachelle Eats Food, Whisk: A Food Blog and If Music be the Food of Love, Play On. They are all great people and they all came bearing delicious gifts! As you will see from the photos below, extreme care was taken over artistic presentation as is the way of the food blogger. I also loved the cute labels Marysol used to identify everything. Needless to say, there were many photo shoots before we all sat down to eat. Thanks Marysol for a great party! I had so much fun :)


Delicious dainties by If Music be the Food of Love, Play On. Those are deconstructed caesar bites in the foreground.


Yummy shrimp and mango spoons. I forget who made them but they were so good!


Coconut curry shrimp inspired by Shari at Whisk.



Shari at Whisk brought this showstopping display of chicken and mango bites skewered in melon halves.


Marysol made this delicious dip and pita inspired by a recipe from Foodie Prints. I loved this one!


A lemon cake by Marysol. I liked the pretty sprinkling of sugar on top.


A dulce de leche cake by Foodie Prints.

2 comments:

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

Great pics! The mystery spoons of grilled shrimp with pico de gallo and peach are mine. This is all making me very hungry again.

foodiePrints said...

That lemon cake was my very humble take on one of Marysol's wonderful recipes.

I'm glad it was edible! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails